Juan Francisco Redondo
Juan Francisco Redondo is Head of RAN Strategy and Architecture at Three UK and is responsible for developing the network strategy in the Radio Access Network domain and overseeing the strategic budget planning, architectural governance and in-life strategic management of programmes. He also leads strategic initiatives, such as Shared Rural Network or 5G launch, to ensure full alignment between the business needs and the commercial, contractual, technical and delivery set-up.
In the Shared Rural Network programme, he is Three’s lead in the SRN Working Group that has contributed to the development of the initiative, including through the negotiation and establishment of the collaboration frameworks across MNOs, DCMS and Home Office to deliver on Government and MNOs’ objectives to improve connectivity in the areas of the UK that need that most.
Some highlights of his 8 years in Three:
- As Senior Manager in Strategy and Architecture, he benchmarked RAN suppliers’ 4G and 5G technology and services and led the technical negotiation of a unique RAN and Access Transport Network transformation contract.
- As Senior Manager in Product Development, he shaped business cases and productised end-to-end delivery for products in early phases of lifecycle, such as Small Cells.
- As Head of RAN LTE Service Transition, he developed and delivered the LTE solution supporting Three’s 4G rollout.
- Design and Optimisation Manager for Ericsson for region Latin America.
- Service Delivery Director for Optimi for Latin America, until acquired by Ericsson.
- Technical Sales Director for Optimi, telecoms software and services provider.